Monday, January 10, 2011

My 'funk' lasted about 12 hours....

but it is over now.  Why was I in a 'funk', because Geoff came home last night and told me about the huge amounts of water flowing down towards where we were supposed to be camping.  PPPppptt!
Not happy Jan, we have been really looking forward to our time away.  The amount of constant rain and lack of vitamin D took its toll.  Thank you Kristie and Katrina with putting up with me this morning, I was foul!  You did help me recover.


Anyway this is the little creek across the road from our house.  Luckily it drains away fairly quickly and so far hasn't made the road.








We got to go onto the dam wall today, it was a bit scary just seeing the amount of water spewing out of the gates.  The spray from the water had you drenched pretty quickly.








This is looking straight down on one of the gates.
When we got home I had a parcel waiting for me. 




I pulled out the contents and got to lay in my very own hammock.  It was supposed to come camping with me, but the back patio by the pool was fine. I even saw a little bit of blue sky. Funk over.

2 comments :

  1. Funk over until today...major unhappiness and stress going on at my house. How many people have to pray for the rain to stop before it will happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you email me carliajeffrey{at}hotmail.com so i can send you some flood auction info - i am toni's sister. thanks

    ReplyDelete