A few weekends ago I was involved in The Relay For Life. It is a fundraiser for the Cancer Council and involves teams, walking, running, dancing, around a track from 3 p.m. till 9 a.m. There needs to be someone on the track from each team at all times.

A few of us from work as well as some extra friends, made up a team and had a wonderful time. We were entertained by bands well into the night and there was even a Zumba class at about midnight. That sure woke everyone up!

I didn't get any sleep and I managed to walk around 120 laps during that time. It was very lonely in the early hours of the morning when lots of people had gone home or to sleep. My feet were quite sore by the morning, but I was feeling great at accomplishing such a feat.

If you are a night owl, you might like to join with us next year, we had lots of fun. The picture below shows one of teams tally of laps about an hour before the finish. Pretty impressive huh?

No comments :
Post a Comment