Friday, July 30, 2010

Week end away in Esk

I spent the week end in lovely Esk last week with Twilight2Twilight retreats. My bag was packed with beanies, scarves, jumpers and socks ready for the cold mornings and nights. Well with the scrummy fire burning, I didn't even feel the cold. Yipee!

Once again poor old Esk was scandalized by our presence, but we had a lovely time checking out the shops in the main street. On Friday night we got straight into it and started our sewing, I decided to do some small projects that I had already cut ready for markets. Then I felt I had done something.


My big project for the week end was to use this Amy Butlerpattern to make up a test bag.
As usual, it takes a quite a long time to read and analyse a new pattern, and it was made more difficult by the glasses of anti-oxidants I was consuming, the giggling and the chatter. I was going quite well with minimum unpicking when I realised I didn't have one of the pieces and didn't have the fabric with me. Bummer, I hoped I would finish it.
Here is a pic of the work in progress, will post when I finally finish it. Think it will turn out nice and then I will be able to sew up Deb's bag using her special Amy fabric.

This is another of the projects I have had on the go for a while. Mumsy has been crocheting these babies for a while.
I made a cushion cover out of some vintage chenille and added the flowers, gorgeous!! Matches my quilt too.
This satchel is what I made on Sunday. The other girls made aprons, pencil rolls, purses, pencil cases, mini scrap albums, cards...................Busy busy!
As always lovely Isla and Tamara looked after our every need and thanks Ken for organising the fire and timber.
For someone who had never made sticky date pudding, Isla did a stand out job YUM! Poor thing she was bullied by me to make it and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Once again we had a fabulous stay. They are in the process of extending the house and I am looking forward to visiting again in November with my Mumsy.
(Hi Trace)


1 comment :