Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date...........

Thank goodness it is Sunday and I saw the sun and some blue sky today.

A couple of weeks ago it was decided that Caty turning ten was significant, and she should have a party. Just some girls, the pool, snacks, shrieking and chilling out, well with the weather plans were changed.

While reading this post in One Pretty Thing, I thought I can do that. So with two days to organise and sneak around behind Caty's back, it was a surprise, here's what I managed.
The table before the hoards attacked.Some extra little touches to make the table cute. Had to go and get crockery from Salvos because we didn't own any tea cups and saucers. I got 8 place settings for $7.95. Borrowed some of Mum's tableware and just used plates from my cupboards to complete the stack. The pink placemats I got for 50c each at Pillow Talk, as well as the tea towels that I put over the chair backs. Now I have lovely new tea towels as well!

I bought these little boxes from Blossies, but didn't get a chance to fill and give out at the party, so today I will make lolly tins and put a cupcake in, for Caty to hand out tomorrow at school.

Some of the high tea.

When the girls arrived I had them decorate the cupcakes to put in the stand, thanks Deb, they loved the table and we waited for Geoff to call saying they would be home soon. he took her to Chermside to Smiggles.

Well the girls turned up at around 2 as arranged and I get a call from Geoff at 2:30 saying they were coming and that they will still at the shops. You are kidding me I shriek!!!!!!! I have a house full of girls waiting, he says it's only 1:30, no I say...............(turns out his new watch, that was set by the retail assistant was wrong!
So in the tradition of the White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland, she was late!
She was totally gobsmacked when she came in and was confronted by 6 screaming girls, 2 yelling boys, and 3 adults grinning ( me with the camera glued to my face).

There were toasts made with chocolate tea, poured from the teapot. Lemonade served in wine glasses, which they thought was very cool. It was sooooooooo LOUD
After a crazy dip in the freezing cold pool and warming up with party pies and sausage rolls, the business of presents got underway. The girls rang their parents, with my blessing, to stay a while longer, seeing Caty was late.
Thank goodness for Renee, one of the mums for bringing bubbles, just what I needed.
All in all a great time was had by all, but I was exhausted! The cleaning up, what a nightmare, now what am I going to do for Tyler's party next month? Bowling anyone? Chipmunks??

2 comments :

  1. How absolutely beautiful, she is one lucky girl and you are one talented mum.
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooo! Pretty. Nice one Toni - you really pulled one 'out of the hat'! It's my birthday this week...

    ReplyDelete